Question Laptop connectivity issues

Jun 20, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have this problem with my laptop where I have high ping while I am playing games, roughly around 800 ping. My desktop is able to run the game smoothly with 100 ping. I have tried reinstalling my network driver several times but it does not work at all.

Network driver: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

One other thing that I note is that when I use the ping tester while the game is on, the ping mimics the ping of the game (800+ ping). When I close the game, my ping on the ping tester website will then go down to a constant 11 ping.

If there are any other specifications I need to provide, feel free to leave it down below. Thanks!

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
Go into CMD and type ping 8.8.8.8 and let us know the results :)

Also some more information on the game/region you're connecting to would be helpful for process of elimination. It's possible that there's nothing wrong with your connection and the servers themselves are just buggy piles of... ahem. If you're connecting to a server half-way around the world that can also add quite a bit of latency.

Jun 20, 2019
Go into CMD and type ping 8.8.8.8 and let us know the results :)

Also some more information on the game/region you're connecting to would be helpful for process of elimination. It's possible that there's nothing wrong with your connection and the servers themselves are just buggy piles of... ahem. If you're connecting to a server half-way around the world that can also add quite a bit of latency.

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=55
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=55
Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 6ms, Maximum = 31ms, Average = 12ms

The game is called Maplestory. I do not think that it has anything to do with the server as the game is running smoothly on my desktop that is just beside my laptop. Both are using wireless connection.