Question Laptop Constant Stuttering

Nov 7, 2022
Hi!
I am in desperate need of help.
I have been facing stuttering for quite some time now. After i boot up, it starts. Every second there is mouse freeze with robotic audio and mouse floating. Sometime the system freezes and i have to restart.
First i thought it is a ram issue, for 5-6 times, i removed the ram and re insert it and problem was solved. Not anymore. It does not work now. Things i have tried:
1)Removing SSD and boot into USB drive to see if there is problem with ssd or windows. Turns out it still stutters in bootable window setup usb.
2)Stutters in safe mode.
3) Uninstall/Install Drivers.
4)Removing RTC/CMOS.

My Spec:
HP ENVY 14 J008-TX
128GB SSD
8GB RAM (4 GB STICK, 4GB ON BOARD)
NVIDIA GTX 950M

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Use your laptop's SKU/serial number on HP's support site to bring up a support page bespoke to your laptop, to cross reference your current BIOS version with BIOS versions listed on said support page. If you're unsure of what BIOS version you're on, use CPU-Z and see what BIOS version is listed under Mainboard's tab.

Following that, check to see if your SSD is also pending any firmware updates. You can verify the make and model of your SSD using Device manager, listed under Disk Drives. What Windows OS are you working with? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you working with? Bring up Task Manager and see what your system usages are when idling in OS GUI, soon after a cold boot.

Looking at the GPU on the laptop, have you ever disassembled/cleaned the innards of the laptop's cooling vents off of any dirt/debris/lint? Use HWMonitor to show you temps for your laptop.

Hey there,

So, that's a pretty old laptop, eh? My guess about 5 years or so. Have you cleaned the laptop internals with compressed air. After 5 years, some gunk and dirt build up in all sorts of places. Particularly the fans, and the heatpipes which expel heat from your laptop.

It could very well be, that the stuttering is your CPU throttling as a result of this.

Here's a vid on disassembly, although it's not what i wanted, it at least shows you how to open the case. Then use a can of compressed air to blow out any dust and gunk. Give it a good clean. Be sure not to damage any components, as you do this. then replace the case back on and see if that helps.