Question Laptop CPU slows down to 0.2 ghz randomly ?

Mar 27, 2024
Hi!

I bought an ASUS Zephyrus G16 laptop about month ago, and from few days i noticed huge problem with it's Intel Core Ultra 7 155H CPU.

It slows down do 200 mHz randomly for dozen seconds, then come back to normal, but its happens only
"under pressure'' which means when gaming or running 3dMark.
This causes the game to stutter.

Here is a link:

View: https://imgur.com/a/fgewrNN
  • Doesn't matter if it running on different modes like turbo/performance.
  • I didn't do any OC
  • Updated BIOS/Windows changing nothing
  • Changing power plans don't help.
  • I also noticed that in this moments Throttlestop shows ''BD PRO'' error in red.
  • Temperatures of CPU are below 93 degrees under pressure, so there is not a thermal problem
  • Wattmeter shows power consumption in ~170W when laptop run correctly, and when CPU slows down do 200 mhz wattmeter shows about 60-70W
ASUS Official support want me to downgrade BIOS, but the problem is when i'll do it - i lose all data. Installing whole software to my work propably will make me die.

Please help me!

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer (Microsoft, free) to learn more about what the system is doing, trying to do, or stops doing when the CPU slows down.

Use all three tools but only one tool at a time.

First watch while doing nothing. Just let the laptop "sit".

Then game or run 3D Mark.

You will need to keep the tool window open in order to watch the system.

However remember that you are playing to troubleshoot. Not win.

= = = =

Also what data are you concerned about losing? You should be continually backing up both the system and data.

I recommend that you backup before actually doing anything else. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.