Laptop Crashes while loading Windows 7/10 installation disc

jlcrogue

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
I bought a new laptop and I want to sell my old laptop, so I burned some Windows 7 and 10 installation discs to overwrite everything on my old laptop before I sell it. Every time I try booting from disc on the laptop it turns off on the Windows logo, I'm guessing it's crashing. Please help me fix this, I need to delete everything on my old laptop before I can get rid of it.

Solution
it wipes everything, leaving HDD blank.

what model is old laptop? are you sure its booting off the install discs and not just ignoring them and trying to load windows?

jlcrogue

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016

I can tell they're booting off the install discs because it gives me the option "press any key to boot from CD or DVD," I can hear the disc tray running and it shows the Windows 10 logo instead of the Windows 7 logo (it had Windows 7 installed). The laptop is an Asus G51J.

I already did a chkdsk recently for both hard drives and neither of them had any errors.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it seems you got a new laptop just in time then. unless Dban can wipe drives, it would seem they have died on you. If it does wipe them, best leave them blank since who ever buys them next would need to put a new copy of windows on or at least a new install.

jlcrogue

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016

Dban did wipe the drives and they work fine. Wouldn't leaving them blank without Windows lower the value of the laptop since whoever buys it would have to install Windows?