Laptop display issues

gembob

Honorable
Nov 9, 2016
Recently my old laptop display just went extremely dark while I was using it - I thought it actually went out completely, but it was actually just extremely dark. If I close the lid and open it up, it will come back on as normal for a very brief period (1 second maybe), then go dark again. Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Solution
I'd say your screen is faulty and may need replacing.

My first solution would be to attempt to check any power saver settings and turn them off just to be 100% sure there isnt something there causing an issue for yourself. But 2nd to that my guess would be that your screen has gone and will likely need replacing.

WHat results do you get connecting the laptop to an external display like a TV/Monitor?

Artakra

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014
I'd say your screen is faulty and may need replacing.

My first solution would be to attempt to check any power saver settings and turn them off just to be 100% sure there isnt something there causing an issue for yourself. But 2nd to that my guess would be that your screen has gone and will likely need replacing.

WHat results do you get connecting the laptop to an external display like a TV/Monitor?

Solution

gembob

Honorable
Nov 9, 2016

If I connect via HDMI to the tv it comes in fine - no issues with the power saver settings unfortunately.

gembob

Honorable
Nov 9, 2016

Any hope for a quick/easy fix? The comp is about 9 yrs old and performance wasnt great, so if not it isnt a huge deal