Question Laptop fan speed up for a while and then stop continuously (HP ENVY x360)

ElVisTek-1337

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
Hey guys i wonder if you can help me with this issue (It doesn't matter if are tips or ideas).

This suddenly started a month ago (i suppose) my laptop began to speed up the fan and then stop and this continues every single moment, it doesn't stop and the laptop itself vibrate (As a remote car lol) I don't know what to do either, i already update drivers and OS (It uses Win10) However the OS is able to run fine without issues, but the fan still there doing some noises, only 2 or 3 times has popped up a warning message about "fan is not working properly" which I'm worried about it.

I'll leave here some proof about my issue, any help/tips is appreciate, thanks. (y)

PD. This fan is already cleaned, i checked twice and there's no dust or anything else but may i be missing something...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to go into BIOS and see which version you're currently on. If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version. I would also look into your chipset drivers, try reinstalling them with the latest version and install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: ElVisTek-1337

ElVisTek-1337

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to go into BIOS and see which version you're currently on. If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version. I would also look into your chipset drivers, try reinstalling them with the latest version and install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome, i updated most of the drivers but haven't tried reinstalling them, so i should focus with the chipsets drivers? (i updated the BIOS) but still the fan doing the loudly sounds (Sometimes less noiser than other days/times)

Edit:
Not always is noisy, i catch days where the fan work properly for a while 'til the noise gradually comes again but this time it's still there like a remote car (i meant, like forcing itself to run at max speed)

TRENDING THREADS