[SOLVED] Laptop Fan suddenly too loud and fast

NightFury_

Commendable
Jul 2, 2017
Hey, i have a laptop that i bought 2 years ago and since the last week or so i hear the fan suddenly getting too loud and fast for no reason. at first it used to happen out of nowhere and last about 2 mins but since yesterday the fan is wayy too loud and fast most of the time, its too loud and fast even when the cpu/gpu temperatures are at 50c, it sounds like some kind of muscle car engine, i even stopped browsing and let it stay idle for awhile and it still spins too fast and makes alot of noise. also i never heard this kind of fan sound the last 2 years, it always used to sound like some A/C when im gaming, so any idea why its too fast and loud now?

Solution
Could be a number of things, as the CPU temps arnt high i would guess a temperature sensor is playing up. This unfortunately is not something you would be able to fix.

You could try going into the BIOS and see if it will let you manually control the fan. Set it to a target temp of say 60c and see if that helps. just keep an eye on the cpu temp, dont set the fan so low that it allows the CPU to overheat.
Could be a number of things, as the CPU temps arnt high i would guess a temperature sensor is playing up. This unfortunately is not something you would be able to fix.

You could try going into the BIOS and see if it will let you manually control the fan. Set it to a target temp of say 60c and see if that helps. just keep an eye on the cpu temp, dont set the fan so low that it allows the CPU to overheat.

Solution