Question laptop got slow after repasting

Jan 7, 2022
I was repasting my laptop. I repasted it well.
When I restarted it back it feels so slow and laggy.it takes around 10 minutes to boot before it took 10 secs.

Note: while repasting I had the battery plugged, forgot to unplug it.
Note 2: during repasting I had aluminum foil on the side, it touched the motherboard suddenly and it sparked a little.

The laptop is in a working state
No other issue
Used throttle stop after some time and by doing some changes laptop works well as it worked earlier.
But when i restart it the lags again.when it boots i have to start THROTTLESTOP again and make it work .
i went to many repair shops but no one got the issue right

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Note 2: during repasting I had aluminum foil on the side, it touched the motherboard suddenly and it sparked a little.
That's a sign that you might've shorted the motherboard and or the ram, Mathew Moniz did something similar on his YT channel and the laptop he had didn't power up at all.

As for ThrottleStop, do have it set to system startup? BIOS version for your laptop? Speaking of laptop, you forgot to mention the make and model of your laptop. An SKU will help us two fold.

Jan 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

That's a sign that you might've shorted the motherboard and or the ram, Mathew Moniz did something similar on his YT channel and the laptop he had didn't power up at all.

As for ThrottleStop, do have it set to system startup? BIOS version for your laptop? Speaking of laptop, you forgot to mention the make and model of your laptop. An SKU will help us two fold.
My laptop works fine .but lags if not using throttlestop .
laptop specs model 2017
dell Inspiron 7560
bios version : Dell inc 1.14.1 18-12-2020
i7 7500u processor
Ram 16gb
GPU 980mx