Laptop Hardrive issue

angelhealer

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Hello, I have had problems with my computer lagging , just running slow on everything! Well recently I had been playing a game that is on my external hard drive and it has given me no problems at all! Should it be safe to assume that I am having a physical hard drive issue and if I replace hard drive it should fix it ?

angelhealer

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Hello Aza!

You should give your full system specifications so we can help diagnose the problem.

I have Toshiba Satellite L555-S7945 , so my spec's can be easily found here :

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/retail-product.jsp?poid=452658

Only thing I have done is spill water on it a while ago and had a laptop tech replace the keyboard for me and clean it up and make sure nothing else was wrong . Also, I replaced the power cord. Other than that everything is as it says on the website.

Just saying your computer is running slow doesn't help.

I'm sorry, really don't know how to explain it better but I will try .

When I first noticed it I was playing an mmorpg and it just kept randomly spike lagging. Sometimes it would stop for a few hours and than come back . I thought it was my net but than I was house sitting and I was playing an offline older game and it was doing the same thing. Seems a little worse now or I am just noticing it more. Its slow even just clicking on things on the desktop but, not all the time. Well, since than to resolve any software issues or anything I reformatted both my internal and external hard drive with fresh install of windows 7. From the time I booted the computer up it started doing the same thing and I'm really not sure where to go from here. I'm not the smartest about computers but, I understand what goes into the computer and general idea of what they all do. I can build desktop but, I already tried to open my lappy and I was a little intimidated. I wanted to clean the fan but , since it doesn't have overheating problem , I don't think I need to worry. I downloaded a little temp monitor just to nix that off the list of possibilities.

I have been playing on my external with my games and it seems to help , or I really just want to believe that.(haha) All my other things are on the main drive so if I tab out to look something up or put music on its just irritating!

So my questions are :

1. Going through this process of elimination ,what would be the reasonable thing to test next ?
2. Can I make some kind of system Image to put on my external(Toshiba External with 147 gb free ) so that I can test my OS on that instead? (I need to get a new windows disk ( I have a serial sticker on my lappy just misplaced the dang cd again).

Sorry for wall-o-text, I just wanted to explain it the best way I could. Thanks in advance. :D