Question Laptop HDMI not working.

Dec 23, 2021
Hello. Well, at this point i've tried everything I can think of, hopefully you guys know the answer.
So, I have this old ASUS laptop, maybe from 2015, it has an Intel Celeron N3050 and 4GB DDR3 RAM. My problem has to do with the hdmi connection, or the driver. When I connect it to my TV from startup it displays the ASUS logo until it boots up to Windows, then the signal goes off, back to the integrated display. I've searched for answers and I found out that the graphics driver might be the issue. Unfortunately for me, there were only 3 drivers compatible with the CPU, and the three of them presented the same problem. So I disabled the Intel HD Graphics driver and tried with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter option and it worked, although it didn't display nothing on the integrated display, and wasn't able to do so. I honestly don't know if the HDMI port is broken or the driver is the one causing the issue.
I apologize for my bad english and thanks in advance. Have a good day.

When I connect it to my TV from startup it displays the ASUS logo until it boots up to Windows, then the signal goes off, back to the integrated display.
That means - connection is working. You have to enable secondary display in driver settings.

6.png

Dec 23, 2021
That means - connection is working. You have to enable secondary display in driver settings.

6.png

Well, that's one of the problems, it won't recognize any secondary display, and when I click detect it says that there is no other display.
Edit: In Intel HD Graphics driver, it doesn't appear any option to enable secondary displays in multiple screens tab.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022
I'm having the exact same issue but there seems to be no solution for it. I've been looking for a solution for months but none of them solved the problem. I can't connect my monitor to my laptop

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave 503
Dec 23, 2021
You usually have to toggle external monitors by a keypress combo. For ASUS it's usually fn + F8 but for others it's the button that looks like a little TV.
When I press Fn+F8, it brings the proyection options, only main screen, duplicated and etcetera. Even when I click on any of those options nothing happens. The TV doesn't even appear on display options.