Question Laptop is slower than phone when connected to Tenda MW3 ?

Aug 2, 2021
Halo expert in this forum

I would like to asked the strange behavior on my Tenda MW 3 with firmware v1.0.0.3 (557) and my internet connection is 20Mbps. Already testedby connecting directly to my wifi router and there is no speed problem.

The problem is when I connect my phone to the mesh wifi, the speed shows full connection (based on speedtest.net) but when it comes to my laptop the speed dropped to 6-8Mbps ?

Really appreciate for your kind answer

thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU to your laptop will help us two fold. Also, might want to check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your laptop's motherboard. On a similar note, what OS version are you at the time of writing? If you're on Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 21H1. You can try and uninstall your networking drivers and then manually reinstall the networking drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You should be able to gain access to your laptop's drivers from the laptop's support site.

Aug 2, 2021
Hi thanks for the answer

1. There is no BIOS update pending
  2. My OS is win 10 pro with version 20H2
  3. My laptop is HP Elitebook 830 G7
  4. The Drivers is up to date (try re-install and install doesn't work)

There is no problem when I connected my wifi router directly (not through wifi mesh) to laptop and my Mesh Wifi connection is 2,4ghz

Anyway my Smart TV has the same speed as my laptop when connected to my Mesh Wifi

I suspected the firmware of Tenda that also play some parts

Thanks