Question Laptop is under performing ?

predimus81

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013
Hello, i recently purchased an Asus G634JZR-XS96 laptop, specs are below, I have been performing some benchmarks with timespy and games such as cyberpunk. and i feel my laptop is under performing my overall score in time spy is 15,046 GPU score 16,663 and cpu score 9,709. i was looking at reviews and such and others have been getting a over all score of 18,00o+.

I previously had a 2023 Acer Helios 16 that had an RTX 4080 and the overall score of that laptop was over 18k. is there a possibility the laptop is not performing like it should? becaus the scores seem off, thank you for any help.

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Processor -Intel® Core™ i9 Processor 14900HX 2.2 GHz (36MB Cache, up to 5.8 GHz, 24 cores, 32 Threads)

Graphics -NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4080 Laptop GPU

ROG Boost: 2330MHz* at 175W (2280MHz Boost Clock+50MHz OC, 150W+25W Dynamic Boost)

12GB GDDR6

Memory -32GB DDR5-5600 SO-DIMM, the memory speed of the systems vary by CPU SPEC x 2

- Max Capacity: 64GB

Supports dual channel memory

Last edited:

predimus81

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013
Hey there,

Are you using Armoury Crate to manage the CPU power? If so, try without. And by without, I mean, disable it completely or uninstall it. Then test again.

What Windows power plan are you using? Are all system drivers and bios up to date?
thankyou for your time and response. All bios and drivers are up to date, I am running GPU mode at ultimate and seting at TurboThe wieldiest thing is when i botted it up for the first time Armory crate was installed but it wouldn't work and told me to go to asus website to download it. there was no icon or nothing but the program was in program files. It wouldn't install the full version of armory crate because it asked me to uninstall what was already on the system. I installed the Lte version of armory crate at 3% cpu usage with just looking at armory crate its going between 64c and 75c. and as far as manaaging the power ive never had a issue like this with any of my laptops they have alaways performed out of the box. I just did a cinnebench test and multi core is at 16,175 pts and single core is at 1,692pts also cpu temp is about 94c while performing this test and while gaming. while doing cinnebench at single core the cpu usage is at `10-12% and in multi core. Also i checked the manual config. CPU IS at 140/140w and gpu is at 175/175w

thankyou for your time and response. All bios and drivers are up to date, I am running GPU mode at ultimate and seting at TurboThe wieldiest thing is when i botted it up for the first time Armory crate was installed but it wouldn't work and told me to go to asus website to download it. there was no icon or nothing but the program was in program files. It wouldn't install the full version of armory crate because it asked me to uninstall what was already on the system. I installed the Lte version of armory crate at 3% cpu usage with just looking at armory crate its going between 64c and 75c. and as far as manaaging the power ive never had a issue like this with any of my laptops they have alaways performed out of the box. I just did a cinnebench test and multi core is at 16,175 pts and single core is at 1,692pts also cpu temp is about 94c while performing this test and while gaming. while doing cinnebench at single core the cpu usage is at `10-12% and in multi core. Also i checked the manual config. CPU IS at 140/140w and gpu is at 175/175w
I suspect this could be AC messing things up. There's actually an uninstall tool for it on ASUS website. It leaves remnants of dll files lying around which can cause all sorts of issues. I'd start there. Once it's gone, we can use windows to determine what's going on.

You can also download throttlestop, and we can see if there's anything strange going on with the CPU.

predimus81

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013
I suspect this could be AC messing things up. There's actually an uninstall tool for it on ASUS website. It leaves remnants of dll files lying around which can cause all sorts of issues. I'd start there. Once it's gone, we can use windows to determine what's going on.

You can also download throttlestop, and we can see if there's anything strange going on with the CPU.
hello, i download throttlestop but im not sure how to use it or what its for