[SOLVED] Laptop keyboard problem.

Matthew Dilks

Honorable
Sep 22, 2017
The m key spams every second even with no peripherals connected. The arrow key also randomly selects things. This doesn't happen with external keyboards and mouse connected to the device. Is my laptop's keyboard faulty or failing? I booted into a USB that has Windows Setup and it does it there too, so not a direct Windows desktop issue.

EVOO LP-6 Gaming Laptop
9750H
2060 6gb
16gb ddr4 2666mhz
1tb intel ssd

Thanks!!

Solution
There could be debris in the cracks and openings of the Keyboard under the keys themselves or worse a liquid could of been spilled. I would look into seeing if the warranty is still good or if one exists first, then if not look for replacement parts ( I would try iFixit first )

another solution would to be to use a mouse through bluetooth or USB if possible if you can't afford to fix it for some reason. however this may not solve the issue, the computer may still intermittently press keys if they are acting up on their own without you touching them.

itsduhhbzz

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
There could be debris in the cracks and openings of the Keyboard under the keys themselves or worse a liquid could of been spilled. I would look into seeing if the warranty is still good or if one exists first, then if not look for replacement parts ( I would try iFixit first )

another solution would to be to use a mouse through bluetooth or USB if possible if you can't afford to fix it for some reason. however this may not solve the issue, the computer may still intermittently press keys if they are acting up on their own without you touching them.

Solution