Question Laptop made a weird noise when I plugged in the charger? (the laptop was off)

Mar 6, 2021
Hi.

So when I plugged my charger in the laptop, the laptop made that small "starting" noise. It happens everytime I start it. I'm not sure if that's the fan or the hard drive but that never happens when I plug in the charger.
The laptop was off when I did that, and the sound was only for like 0.5 seconds. The laptop's charging LED light near the charge port is on.

Should I be worried? Should I turn it on? I'm not sure about turning it on until I know why that sound happened.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could include a video with audio in it, to help illustrate what you're referring to as a "start sound". You should also include the make and model of the laptop inclusive of it's SKU so we can understand the hardware that you have to work with.

How old is the laptop at this point? Has it ever done this before the creation of this thread?

Mar 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could include a video with audio in it, to help illustrate what you're referring to as a "start sound". You should also include the make and model of the laptop inclusive of it's SKU so we can understand the hardware that you have to work with.

How old is the laptop at this point? Has it ever done this before the creation of this thread?
Hi, thanks for replying!
Sadly, I can't record it because it does not make the sound when I plug it in anymore, it only happened once. I tried to do it now and it didn't make the sound like before, it only turned on the charging LED light. And I'm assuming the sound is either coming from the hard drive or from the fans.
Here's the laptop: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06156454
The laptop is about one year old, I bought it in August 2019.
The sound only happened when I started the laptop not when plugging in the charger.
Is it safe to turn it on and see what happens?