Question Laptop mouse and keyboard are only available to use when I cold boot ?

perfection161

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
My HP Pavilion x360 has suddenly developed a problem.
It's keyboard and mouse are both unavailable when i warm boot (restart the laptop for example after a windows update) and are only available when i cold boot the laptop using the physical power button.

It must be a hardware problem because i restored an older macrium image related to 2 months ago the problem recured (this problem did not exist till 2 days ago)

Suggestions as to what could be wrong within or otherwise would be appreciated

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
You should reinstall your chipset drivers as well as your touchpad drivers in an elevated command. Which Windows are you working with?

i restored an older macrium image related to 2 months ago the problem recured (this problem did not exist till 2 days ago)
Since you have an image of your OS, why not try and reinstall the OS after recreating the installer, then manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command, to rule out your image being corrupt...?

Last edited:
Reactions: Grobe

perfection161

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I have restored three previous (no problem) images but the problem persists
Both mouse and KB are nonfunctional (or functional) together
I am not sure whether the chipset drivers are available for download from HP site

I noticed this oddity after i changed my laptop battery

I believe it is a hardware issue

Thanks for helping out though

perfection161

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Further info my issue

Cold starting (booting) the laptop with battery power or after disconnecting and reconnecting AC power - KB and mouse available

Warm restarting (booting) the laptop - no KB nor mouse available

Its something in the continuous power supply that is preventing the KB and mouse from functioning and when the supply is shut off and restarted there is no problem