Question Laptop powers off without any warning ?

Aug 8, 2024
I have an Asus TUF A15 Laptop.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been facing a problem with it. Every time I turn it on after a few hours of shutdown, it runs normally for about a minute, then it cuts power, screen going completely black with no lights or anything on the keyboard. When I press the power button, the keyboard light turns on, but the screen remains completely black. I then have to long-press the power button to turn it off, and after that, it somehow runs normally. This issue occurs a couple of times when I turn it on after several hours of shutdown. I have to repeat the same procedure before I can use it. I have no idea what's wrong because it runs without any problem after that.

Things I’ve tried:

• Fresh install of Windows
  • It happens regardless of whether the laptop is plugged in or not
  • Updating drivers
  • Monitoring the temperature, which stays around 40°C most of the time, so it’s not an overheating issue.

Ralston18

Titan
Full laptop specs and OS information?

At the next sucessful boot immediately look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time the laptop powers off.

Aug 8, 2024
Specs:
Ryzen 5 4600h
Gtx 1650
8gb ram 3200mhz
500gb SSD

Windows 10 v1909

The event viewer just says that there has been an unexpected shutdown.