Question Laptop purchase advice ?

Gill95

Prominent
Sep 18, 2022
Hey so I just need some advice on potential laptops to purchase for my girlfriend. Most of the CPUs etc I’m unaware of and all the different models but I need something that’ll run The Sims 4 (and the odd other game) very well at 1080p or higher. Budget is from £500-£1500. Can be used laptops, I don’t mind so long as they’re in good condition. Thank you for your help in advance.

Hey so I just need some advice on potential laptops to purchase for my girlfriend. Most of the CPUs etc I’m unaware of and all the different models but I need something that’ll run The Sims 4 (and the odd other game) very well at 1080p or higher. Budget is from £500-£1500. Can be used laptops, I don’t mind so long as they’re in good condition. Thank you for your help in advance.
What are the countries available to you to source the laptop?

You can get bulky gaming laptops for cheap like £900, but you cannot find OLED screen ultrabooks at the same price.
True, but bulk vs slim is a balancing act. More mass and volume = better cooling and more room for a bigger battery. That means higher efficiency of battery life, better performance, less hotspots, et cetera. Something like this would be cheaper and faster, but heavier and with a less pretty screen. It just comes down to priorities. In the same category of laptop wouldn't this be faster 3070 ti vs 4060, and have a better screen?

Last edited: