[SOLVED] Laptop randomly shuts down, no BSOD

Apr 1, 2023
Hello, I recently bought an Acer Aspire 7 model A715 43G. Those stupid guys at GearVN installed a new 8GB of ram on my laptop. Everything was fine until I was downloading R6S, then all of a sudden, it blacked out, like a sudden power loss. I checked the Event Viewer Log, and got a Critical error whose source is "Kernel-Power" with the Event ID is 41. This is my output of the V2 log collector, which includes my laptop's specifications, as well as crash dumps, error logs, power reports, etc: v2log-dyan1605.zip

Thanks for your time in advance.

Solution
Event ID is 41
is just a event that is logged when a system is rebooted after a shutdown did not complete.

it is recorded on the boot after the bad shutdown.
and it indicates that the dirty bit was detected on the next powerup and that chkdsk has to run to check the file system.

for the most part you have to figure why the system did not complete the proper shutdown before powering up again.

ie system bugcheck, system power loss, someone hit the reset button. something overheated and the motherboard protection circuit resets the cpu.
there are error conditions where the system does not complete a shutdown but the screen goes blank. Windows will not complete a shutdown if it thinks it will loose data. Mostly this is data that...
Event ID is 41
is just a event that is logged when a system is rebooted after a shutdown did not complete.

it is recorded on the boot after the bad shutdown.
and it indicates that the dirty bit was detected on the next powerup and that chkdsk has to run to check the file system.

for the most part you have to figure why the system did not complete the proper shutdown before powering up again.

ie system bugcheck, system power loss, someone hit the reset button. something overheated and the motherboard protection circuit resets the cpu.
there are error conditions where the system does not complete a shutdown but the screen goes blank. Windows will not complete a shutdown if it thinks it will loose data. Mostly this is data that is written to disk but the disk does not confirm the write. Windows waits for the signal that the write has completed but never gets it and just sits there with the screen turned off. People then hit the power button and then reboot. (and the error is recorded on the reboot)

for this last error it is most often caused by firmware in the drive, sometimes by old chipset drivers. generally, you would first try to update the cpu chipset drivers, then the drive firmware if you can.
if that fails you would then turn off the drive write behind cache
(to work around the bug in the drive)

Reactions: dyan1605
Solution