Laptop Recommendation for Video Editing - UK Based

billydavies21

Honorable
Aug 23, 2015
High all

Decided to make a new post, as most of the ones I've read through are US based. It's Cyber Monday! So I thought today might be a good time to get a bargain...

SHORT VERSION:
Need laptop for the following...
Casual Gaming
4k 120fps Video Editing
£1000 budget but would consider a lesser machine if I can get one for £600-800
15" Screen Minimum

LONG VERSION:
I'm moving onto a boat and need to get a laptop. Currently I have a PC, which can't really keep up with my needs.

I use it for casual gaming. It would be good if the new laptop could play games that have reasonably high requirements, but I'm not looking to play games at top settings with a super frame rate. 17" screen would be nice, but 15" would do.

The main thing my PC is struggling with it video editing. We've recently upgraded our business camera to a GoPro Hero 5, which can take 4k video at 120fps. My PC is having none of it and it's a nightmare trying to edit the footage.

So, I'm looking for a medium-high spec gaming machine that can handle 4k 120fps video editing. Ideally with a decent battery life, as I'll mainly be on the move.

I really don't want to spend any more than £1000. I'd definitely consider losing some of the gaming side benefits in favour of better price. If I could get something decent for £600-800, I'd be really happy.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

billydavies21

Honorable
Aug 23, 2015