Question Laptop recommendation

Nov 20, 2022
1. What is your budget?
Not set in stone. I was thinking on having 600€ as limit but I can go beyond to some degree if it is worth it. Obviously that doesn't mean it needs to be close to that limit, if they are less expensive models fulfilling my expectations that would be much better.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14 or 15.6.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
HD or higher.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Not familiar with these terms. Definitely not a desktop replacmenet laptop. About portable... aren't all laptops meant to be portable?

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not crucial but rather more than 3 hours.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Ocassionally, low demanding games, but I'd like them going smooth. Point and click adventure games, metroidvania, indie games, digital boardgames...

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Video streaming, ocasional work with an office suite, mainly internet surfing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
512GB.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Not really, anything that is available in my location, preferrably as close as possible in case support is needed. But I'm more interested in recommendations of the laptop models than the sites to shop from.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Long. Last is already 10 years old and I'd like to use this as long as possible.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference.

13. What country do you live in?
Belgium.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'd like it to be light, both in the way it feels when using it (speed and response time) and physically. Also silent, no airplane like fans when you start a low demanding videogame or open your browser.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like you just need a mid-range ultrabook then. For the types of games you mention, integrated graphics should be enough. This will give you the longer battery life and hopefully offer a quieter experience. Take a look at some later model Ryzen based laptops, or Intel chips that have a G designation (Iris Xe graphics)

Examples:
Ryzen 5500U
i5-1155G7

Not really any specific recommendations with these requirements.