Question Laptop repeatedly froze, now unresponsive. No charging indicator too

Sep 27, 2024
Start of Issue: Yesterday around 12-1pm my laptop froze while I working on class work. Hadn't downloaded any new app or changed anything. The only difference was that I realized I could charge my laptop via the USB c port on the back and that's when it started freezing. Would freeze after 5 minutes, while plugged in via the USB c port. Once I unplugged it it lasted longer but still froze eventually. Stopped using it after that.

Later on in the evening I was talking with my friend who good at pc stuff and be said it sounds like gpu driver needs updated. So in-between freezes and restarts I managed to update my gpu drive which seemed to fix the problem.

Until this morning when I got frustrated with asus Auro Creater rgb software. So after some digging I decided to use asus Armour crate Uninstaller to uninstall and reinstall as others said worked for them. Then it's started freezing again. I stubbornly kept trying to uninstall it, and then reinstall it. Eventually everything seems to work. After about 20 minutes of me staring down task manager and trying to see if something spikes or whatever and opening and closing certain apps I thought might be causing it to happen it froze again then crashed.

Now there's no power indicator when plugged in, completely unresponsive.

Bought in summer of 22', been babied since and barely leaves it's stand on my desk, and if it does it's in a waterproof cushions slot in a backpack. Never been opened/tampered with.

ASUS ROG Strix Scar 17 (2021) Gaming Laptop, 17.3" 360Hz IPS FHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, 64GB DDR4, 2TB RAID 0 (1+1) SSD, Opti-Mechanical Per-Key RGB Keyboard, Windows 10 Pro, G7
(Copied from the listing from newegg)

Never had issues like this before. I'm leaving to work soon. But tomorrow I plan to open it up for the first time bc some say the ram could be unsealed, which I personally doubt, but I'm hoping for the best. Also plan to try to clean it up.

If there's any info or questions I can answer to help me get this fixed I would greatly appreciate it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Start of Issue: Yesterday around 12-1pm my laptop froze while I working on class work. Hadn't downloaded any new app or changed anything. The only difference was that I realized I could charge my laptop via the USB c port on the back and that's when it started freezing.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...17027_G733_A.pdf?model=ROG Strix SCAR 17 G733
Page 27;
I'm now curious to know what charger you'd used on the USB port at the rear.

Sep 27, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Start of Issue: Yesterday around 12-1pm my laptop froze while I working on class work. Hadn't downloaded any new app or changed anything. The only difference was that I realized I could charge my laptop via the USB c port on the back and that's when it started freezing.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/G733QR/0409_E17027_G733_A.pdf?model=ROG Strix SCAR 17 G733
Page 27;
I'm now curious to know what charger you'd used on the USB port at the rear.

Sep 27, 2024
It was my friends USB c charger for their laptop. Basically your typical laptop charger but with a USB instead of the typical circle one, DC I believe it's called. He was using it just fine and his laptop is significantly weaker then mine so I seriously doubt his charger somehow over powered mine or something like that. But I can't think of anything other than the cable being the initial culprit.