[SOLVED] Laptop screen is dead

Sakib Ahmed

Reputable
Feb 17, 2017
Hello,
I have a HP Compaq Presario CQ40, it's screen is basically broken into pieces ( not really ), it's hinge too is broken, but the laptop works fine using VGA cable.

I thought of removing the screen and using the laptop without screen, so I managed to remove the screen, but unfortunately , external monitor doesn't show anything. Also my laptop's caps lock and num lock keys start flashing after a few seconds.

Someone please help me fix it.
Thanks .

Solution
There should be a magnet that tells the laptop that the screen is closed. You can use a magnetized screw driver to hover around the palm rest and hinge area. Once you locate the magnet, try powering up the laptop with the external display. If that doesn't work, you'll have to reattach the laptop's broken screen.

Lutfij

Titan
There should be a magnet that tells the laptop that the screen is closed. You can use a magnetized screw driver to hover around the palm rest and hinge area. Once you locate the magnet, try powering up the laptop with the external display. If that doesn't work, you'll have to reattach the laptop's broken screen.

Solution

Sakib Ahmed

Reputable
Feb 17, 2017

Holy moly, I almost gave up,
I tried to fix the screen again and gave it a go, it worked with screen, then remove the screen again, and now it works !! It was definitely the magnet thingy u were talking about
Thanks mate !