Question Laptop screen turns black after some minutes

Aug 11, 2023
Hello, i have an acer predator 17. Two weeks ago the screen suddenly turned off while watching a video. I have tried a lot of things, reinstalling the drivers, cleaning and repasting etc but nothing works. If i turn on the laptop after a few hours it will turn on fine and work for upto 30minutes but then the screen would turn black, yellow, white(initially it used to turn off completely) and when trying to restart the laptop would continuously keep restarting without even reaching bios. If i disable the gpu it works fine but as soon as i turn it on the problem comes back. Can somebody help me figure out what can be the problem here?

Aug 11, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

reinstalling the drivers,
What drivers? Can you walk us through how you did it? Might be a good idea to check and see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending.
I uninstalled the display adapter and driver from device manager and then downloaded the drivers from acers website after giving them my snid. I added the legacy hardware in device manager and updated the driver.

Aug 15, 2023
Hello, i have an acer predator 17. Two weeks ago the screen suddenly turned off while watching a video. I have tried a lot of things, reinstalling the drivers, cleaning and repasting etc but nothing works. If i turn on the laptop after a few hours it will turn on fine and work for upto 30minutes but then the screen would turn black, yellow, white(initially it used to turn off completely) and when trying to restart the laptop would continuously keep restarting without even reaching bios. If i disable the gpu it works fine but as soon as i turn it on the problem comes back. Can somebody help me figure out what can be the problem here?
Hi , you can try first disable the video card , then make a bios update for the sistem , restart , then go and have latest driver for video card , enable video card try to install driver , if you receive an error or driver have an exclamation mark it is very possible to be a problem with video card , you can also check if the thermal paste is ok and the fans are cleaned if all this is ok , is most likely a video card issue and you can go in a service in order for them to check the components.

TRENDING THREADS