Question Laptop shutting off ?

Laptop model: MSI GF63

CPU: i5-10500h
RAM: 16GB 2666mhz
SSD: 256GB Kingston NVME
HDD: 500GB WD Blue 5400rpm

So I've had this laptop for quite a while now but quit using it due to this problem, but recently in a situation where I need to use it again.

The problem I have with it is that on battery, the thing will sometimes just shutoff, not restart, just powers off before it boot into windows, or while using it in windows, I changed the battery with a OEM replacement and it still does it so not a battery issue, 75% of the time it will boot and work for hours on battery, other times it may do it once or twice and then its fine.

On the power brick, never a problem with it plugged in, charges fine, performance is where i'd expect it to be.

I've stressed the GPU and CPU at the same time on battery, no issues at all, Temps are well laptop temps lol. 83C at full load, GPU usually hovers around 70c, still well within its operating temps so idk, at a loss to what it could be, annoying but still usable.

Have you tried using different power settings while on battery?
Yeah, i've tried running the hidden ultimate and low power plan, but it seems to do it right at boot as well before it even gets to the login screen. I even reinstalled windows, so idk if its hardware related or software, though one would assume its hardware, but I can't make it do it. Its a weird one.

Have you tried using different power settings while on battery?
Well, I figured out the problem, and I still don't really know why, I bought another 2TB NVME SSD for my desktop to replace a older 1TB NVME SSD, I decided to install that 1TB into the laptop, and I don't have this problem anymore.

I thought it a fluke, so I reinstalled the old 256 Kingston SSD back into it, and the laptop will shut off mid boot.

Stick the old Inland 1TB SSD back into it, its fine, I still don't understand really, maybe the SSD don't like some of the power states, idk.

The Kingston SSD works fine in a old r5 1600 system though. Weird.

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch