[SOLVED] Laptop speakers have distorted crackling sound ?

Aug 2, 2021
My Asus Rog Strix G531GU laptop speakers output is distorted crackling .especially on the right side.it was working just fine until the day before yesterday. The headphones are working just fine. I tried uninstalling driver software {realtek hd audio codec} and reinstalling. But nothing seems working. please help..:(

Solution
In my case headphones or earphones are working fine... Inbuilt speakers are having problems it is only two years old laptop.

Yes, I understand what you mean. What I mean is "in other case" meaning that I use the earphones for my phone and laptop instead of just laptop. And when that one time happen, I noticed that maybe accidentally a bit of water slips into it, or my sweat goes into it because I used it when I'm doing some physical exercise. Not long after that, my earphones start giving that crackling noises, either I put it into my phone or laptop, it gives the same crackling noise. I tried to give you another example of "output audio devices", speakers and earphones are basically the same.

2 years old, or 10 years old...

Bagaskoro Olga Yonear

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
My Asus rog Strix G531GU laptop speakers output is distorted crackling .especially on the right side.it was working just fine until the day before yesterday. The headphones are working just fine. I tried uninstalling driver software{realtek hd audio codec} and reinstalling. But nothing seems working. please help..:(

From my understanding, it can't be fixed by software. So, you have to replace with a new one. I have the same exact problem with my ASUS Laptop manufactured in 2011. In other case, I've bought and tried many earphones from different brands and pricerange, some of them does the same problem. It is physically damaged, either because of water, sweat, unstable voltage, age etc.

Aug 2, 2021
From my understanding, it can't be fixed by software. So, you have to replace with a new one. I have the same exact problem with my ASUS Laptop manufactured in 2011. In other case, I've bought and tried many earphones from different brands and pricerange, some of them does the same problem. It is physically damaged, either because of water, sweat, unstable voltage, age etc.
In my case headphones or earphones are working fine... Inbuilt speakers are having problems it is only two years old laptop.

Bagaskoro Olga Yonear

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011

Yes, I understand what you mean. What I mean is "in other case" meaning that I use the earphones for my phone and laptop instead of just laptop. And when that one time happen, I noticed that maybe accidentally a bit of water slips into it, or my sweat goes into it because I used it when I'm doing some physical exercise. Not long after that, my earphones start giving that crackling noises, either I put it into my phone or laptop, it gives the same crackling noise. I tried to give you another example of "output audio devices", speakers and earphones are basically the same.

2 years old, or 10 years old, electronic device age can't be counted like that. In a normal daily use, maybe it will not likely to happen, but sometimes that few percent happen to some people. And sometimes we don't really know what really happened with our devices. For example a Hard Drive (HDD), Some HDD can last 10 or maybe 20 years, but mine not even 5 years, because I carry it everyday on my backpack, so there is another factor here that causing my HDD died in a young age, it's vibration. Same goes for speakers, it has some factors that can make its life shorter. So many factor, including in manufacturing process.

The focus here is your speaker problem, it doesn't care how old it is, but when its crackling, its broken, physically damaged, can't be fixed by software. If you're an expert of hardware, maybe you can fix it physically? if not, then replace with the new one or get usb or bluetooth speaker maybe? or just use your earphone?

I'm sorry, but really, it doesn't has anything to do with your software.

Last edited:
Solution
Aug 2, 2021

2 years old, or 10 years old, electronic device age can't be counted like that. In a normal daily use, maybe it will not likely to happen, but sometimes that few percent happen to some people. And sometimes we don't really know what really happened with our devices. For example a Hard Drive (HDD), Some HDD can last 10 or maybe 20 years, but mine not even 5 years, because I carry it everyday on my backpack, so there is another factor here that causing my HDD died in a young age, it's vibration. Same goes for speakers, it has some factors that can make its life shorter. So many factor, including in manufacturing process.

The focus here is your speaker problem, it doesn't care how old it is, but when its crackling, its broken, physically damaged, can't be fixed by software. If you're an expert of hardware, maybe you can fix it physically? if not, then replace with the new one or get usb or bluetooth speaker maybe? or just use your earphone?

I'm sorry, but really, it doesn't has anything to do with your software.
yeah...thanks for the clarification. I had my doubts about the hardware but had to make sure it is not software-related...
:)