Question Laptop speakers issue on Acer Predator Triton 500

Feb 27, 2021
Laptop speakers issue on Acer Predator Triton 500 - no sound, only clicking noise while audio is playing ?

the laptop was working great the all time just suddenly speakers stopped working and only doing weird clicking noise while audio in the background is playing, ihave hard reset the pc and try other solution updated drivers etc. Ihave connected other USB ports audio jack you name it nothing is working, the only things were connected to the laptop was 2 usb external hub hdmi display port and external hdd ihave no idea what is the issue its suddenly stopped working its brand new laptop if there’s any solution without send it to lab will happy if you can help me
attached video:

View: https://youtu.be/8KZAKv4h1vk

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I've experienced a similar issue on a Dell Alienware 17 R4 laptop I was given to perform maintenance on. Check and see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending. If you have a number of BIOS version to go through, gradually work your way to the latest. Then make sure you're on the latest OS version. We're currently on Windows 10 version 20H2.

Then uninstall the audio drivers on your laptop and reinstall it with the latest manually sourced from Acer's support site. You will need to manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Feb 27, 2021

I've experienced a similar issue on a Dell Alienware 17 R4 laptop I was given to perform maintenance on. Check and see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending. If you have a number of BIOS version to go through, gradually work your way to the latest. Then make sure you're on the latest OS version. We're currently on Windows 10 version 20H2.

Then uninstall the audio drivers on your laptop and reinstall it with the latest manually sourced from Acer's support site. You will need to manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Thanks will try it out , every other connection for audio is working (by mistake I said nothing is working) . Only the laptop speakers don’t work and doing weird clicking noise. When I connect headset and other things they work fine. Are you sure it’s bios update? I’m going to send it to repair hopefully the speakers are fine and he might know what to do. I will tell him to check bios update as well, I just hope that he won’t scratch my brand new laptop.

Feb 27, 2021

Hi there thanks for the reply, I have checked everything, besides opening the laptop.
when I connect external speakers headsets what ever you want it works great. Only the laptop speakers doing the clicking noise while audio playing in the background there’s no sound only click noise. You think it’s aboard failure or speakers failure. I literally checked everything from software to bios to windows to updates install reinstall what ever you want..
It’s brand new laptop. Totally disappointed.
What do you think?

Feb 27, 2021

Final call from technician speakers failure 😞 everything is fine, where can iget this exact speakers from?