Question Laptop stopped even turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2020
I have a problem. I do not want to send in my laptop for repair which costs £360 pounds. My laptop is failing to post yesterday and sometime it was able to boot into windows 10 for a while. Now, the laptop will not turn on. Yesterday, it was saying invalid cmos configuration. Could possibly buying the laptop battery(I removed my laptop battery ages ago due to its expanding/The laptop battery also acts as the cmos battery) fix this problem? As i would be able reset or reset the embedded controller.

Extra information: Before, this happened i replaced the thermal paste. I made sure to resemble correctly. The laptop was working for few hours after i replaced it was working fine then till the OS froze on me suddenly. and restarted that when this problem started occuring. I would some time be able to get on windows 10 after reseting the cmos config for a bit but then it would freeze and sometime just fails to post

Well you have two issues here not just the battery, you opened the laptop right before the issue started, so that is first clue that there is a good chance you did not put something together properly. Usually if you do A and then B starts to happen right after it's a good guess that A caused B.

And yes replacing the battery may help you, assuming that nothing else is the issue. No way to know without trying it.

Jun 30, 2020
Well you have two issues here not just the battery, you opened the laptop right before the issue started, so that is first clue that there is a good chance you did not put something together properly. Usually if you do A and then B starts to happen right after it's a good guess that A caused B.

And yes replacing the battery may help you, assuming that nothing else is the issue. No way to know without trying it.
The laptop was quite simple to dismantle and i doubt i messed up reassembling. As it is just taking the back cover off, fans and the heatsink. Anyway, am sending it in for repair now so thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.