Laptop suddenly drops wired internet speed

raicubogdan26

Prominent
Oct 29, 2018
(I am talking about wired connection)Hi! I have this Asus laptop for about 1 and a half years. Until about a months ago I was able to download games and files pretty fast, during the download of Gta V on steam, top speeds reaching 50MBps. As I said for about a month the top speed has gone down to exactly 11.9MBps, even after reinstalling the windows. I have tried scanning for malware with no results. While downloading at about 10 MBps Task Manager is showing 100% network usage, thing that can't be right.
My Pc specs are:
Operation system: Windows 10 Pro(64-bit)
Memory: 8GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M 4GB
Hard Disk: 1TB
Network Card: WAN Miniport (Sstp)

If you need any other information let me know and tnx for the help!

Solution
Try another known working (at speed) Ethernet cable between laptop and router.

Double check your network adapter's configuration settings. They may have reverted back to some configurtion that is not playing well with the router.

Run the built in Windows 10 troubleshooters.

Download, reinstall, and reconfigure the network adapter's drivers. Download via the manufacturer's website.

Is the Asus the only device being slowed? What other devices are on your network?

Also what make and model router are you using? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may offer some clue.

Who has admin rights to the router. That person will need to help.

Ralston18

Titan
Try another known working (at speed) Ethernet cable between laptop and router.

Double check your network adapter's configuration settings. They may have reverted back to some configurtion that is not playing well with the router.

Run the built in Windows 10 troubleshooters.

Download, reinstall, and reconfigure the network adapter's drivers. Download via the manufacturer's website.

Is the Asus the only device being slowed? What other devices are on your network?

Also what make and model router are you using? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may offer some clue.

Who has admin rights to the router. That person will need to help.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS