[SOLVED] Laptop to monitor

Sep 16, 2018
I have a IdeaPad 320 laptop and I play fps games, I was planning to buy a 144hz monitor to increase fps as I only get 60 fps now. Is it possible? There is only HDMI and C type port. What can I do?
I have an AMD RAEDON 530. 1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD. 6 GB ram and 4 GB VGA

Solution
The monitor does not dictated how many FPS you could get, it depends on your laptop's hardware (GPU, CPU & RAM).
You might get even lower FPS from an external monitor than the laptop display.

The Ideapad has 1366 x 768 resolution, so a 144Hz monitor will have 1920x1080 to 2560×1440 resolution.
Since the monitor has higher resolution, it will take more power from the laptop to driver the external monitor. Consequently FPS will be reduce dramatically.
Only if run the external monitor with the same resolution as your laptop display you will get similar FPS...no better.
The monitor does not dictated how many FPS you could get, it depends on your laptop's hardware (GPU, CPU & RAM).
You might get even lower FPS from an external monitor than the laptop display.

The Ideapad has 1366 x 768 resolution, so a 144Hz monitor will have 1920x1080 to 2560×1440 resolution.
Since the monitor has higher resolution, it will take more power from the laptop to driver the external monitor. Consequently FPS will be reduce dramatically.
Only if run the external monitor with the same resolution as your laptop display you will get similar FPS...no better.

Solution