Question Laptop touch pad not working when I load into a game

Apr 13, 2019
I have a Lenovo Legion y740 and when i load into a game the touch pad stops working any ideas? Happens on any game

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and the games being played.

Consider that it is not the touchpad stopping your attempts to game....

Did you try updating the laptop with the applicable touch pad drivers?

Any network issues: e.g., who has full admin rights to your host network/router?

Make and model router?

The router's logs, if available and enabled may provide some clue with respect to the touchpad's failure to work.

Plus, on your Lenovo laptop, look in Reliability History/Manager or Event Viewer for error codes or warnings that correspond to the touch pad failures.

Apr 13, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and the games being played.

Consider that it is not the touchpad stopping your attempts to game....

Did you try updating the laptop with the applicable touch pad drivers?

Any network issues: e.g., who has full admin rights to your host network/router?

Make and model router?

The router's logs, if available and enabled may provide some clue with respect to the touchpad's failure to work.

Plus, on your Lenovo laptop, look in Reliability History/Manager or Event Viewer for error codes or warnings that correspond to the touch pad failures.
happens on any game i play, I tried to update drivers says they are on the latest drivers and its not a network issue happens on single player games and not sure how to view the logs, the laptop is brand new