Laptop turbo boost randomly disables

May 31, 2018
My cpu randomly disabled turbo boost and its maximum power is 1.6 GHz before it was 3.4 GHz its an I5-8250U and I would really appreciate any help

Solution
Either switch to 'High performance' plan in 'Power Options' or you can create a power plan and set CPU minimum to 100%.
Also you could download and run the Real Temp app.
Open Real Temp, go to settings. select 'Disable Turbo'.

Your laptop could be overheating, check your temps.
Could you post your laptop model?

May 31, 2018

My temps are stable at 56 degrees and my model is a Acer Aspire 5 - A515-51-56C2

Edit: I can turn it on for about 5 min in the software called "RealTemp" by going to Settings and uncheck "Disable Turbo". It checks it self again after a few minutes, and I installed the software after the turbo stopped working

Could you elaborate when does the change in frequency (speed drop) takes effect?
Are you performing some CPU intensive tasks that requires high speed and the CPU just drops frequency?
Are you just browsing the web when it happens when 3.4GHz is not even required?

May 31, 2018

It happens no matter the load - even when the computer is sitting still at 1.2 Ghz and 4.2% load it randomly disables turbo completely and then I have to uncheck it again. With that said it also happens when the load is at 100% or so and the same goes for when the speed is 3.4Ghz, I don't think the load matters in this case