Laptop turning on, just not letting me login and type the password

Aug 7, 2018
I turn on my laptop, and it starts up normally. I see the background picture and the wifi signal, date and time and how much battery is left in the laptop. I then click on the screen to take me to the login tab to type in my password but then instead it takes me back to the background tab.
I also cant get to the restart option because it is on the same tab as the login tab so basically, all i can do is press the power button to shut it down and thats it. When i turn the laptop back on again, the same thing happens.

Solution
open power button
while holding shift, click restart option
this should let you into advanced startup

try running start up repair
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

if that doesn't help, go into advanced startup again and try to get into safe mode
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

sometimes just going into safe mode can fix weird things like this, restart PC and see if it boots normally now

Colif

Win 11 Master
open power button
while holding shift, click restart option
this should let you into advanced startup

try running start up repair
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

if that doesn't help, go into advanced startup again and try to get into safe mode
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

sometimes just going into safe mode can fix weird things like this, restart PC and see if it boots normally now

Solution
Mar 1, 2019
I had the same prob a few days ago..
I restarted the laptop a few times to get to automatic repairs then selected repair issues related to startup/login or something like that..
It took sometime but managed to repair it