Question Laptop Upgrade

Jun 20, 2020
I have an HP 17-g series laptop with 843098-001 as the part number for the motherboard. I have done all the normal upgrades, RAM, SSD etc. I am at the point where I pulled the trigger on a motherboard with the same form factor and much faster processor (832575-601 ). It is for a 15-AB243nr Hp laptop but they use the same board size. The newer board has a dedicated graphics processor where the old one does not. I went to swap it in but it wont recognize the built in screen on the laptop?! Very frustrating. All the connections fit everything else is fine. I can use it with external monitors just fine, just not the built in display. I upped the power supply from 45w to 65w thinking that might solve my problem but still no luck. I updated the motherboard to the latest firmware as well. I am out of ideas to get it up and going. I think the 15-AB243nr is a touchscreen, should this matter? As far as I can tell the connectors are similar, only the touchscreen has an additional small connector I presume for the digitizer display. I would think it would simply recognize any generic display plugged into the motherboard through the 40 pin ribbon. I acquired the motherboard used but presume it works. The backlighting on the built in display does change when powered on, just no image on the screen. I know this is a topic not many people venture into, but I guess that is why I am here looking for anyone else that might be able to get me on track. Please don't criticize my decision to upgrade a laptop, I knew the risks and have the skill to do it. I was just looking for something I might have missed from a group more knowledgeable than myself. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020
So I did so more research but didn't resolve anything. Both the 15-AB273nr and the 17g have lvds standard screen interface. So technically I would think there is no issue running this screen. I am at a loss at the moment.