Question Laptop vibrating sound

Feb 23, 2022
My Asus Zenbook 13 (UX331UAL), has this vibration that occurs under the upper central part of the keyboard which is where the fan is located.
The best way I can describe the sound/vibration is that it is similar to a siren, or when a video game controller vibrates. It doesn't even sound like how a fan normally vibrates, rather it sounds like some sort of warning system. It sounds like its a built-in system similar to a smartphone vibration.

Some observations:​

• Has been happening for over a year; I just ignored it.
  • Computer performance has not changed in any manner during the time I've owned it.
  • Usually occurs when running or launching a game, but also happens when computer is undergoing stress of any kind, such as booting up or launching a program.
  • When the vibration occurs, it doesn't stop until I shutdown the computer.
  • The worst part is that it is sporadic, it may not happen for over a month, it may happen for a few days, I really can't find a pattern other than it must be affected by the temperature. It has been causing some anxiety.
  • On that note, my computer never surpasses 80C(which I believe is safe), yet it still occurs.
  • Laptop is 4 years old
Specs:
  • i5-8250u
  • MX150
  • 8gb ram
  • Win11
  • 250GB SSD

Feb 23, 2022
I find that unlikely, since my sound is not mechanical. The best way I can describe it is: imagine a generic smartphone vibration whose focus is inside your keyboard. Thats the best way I can put it.

I find that unlikely, since my sound is not mechanical. The best way I can describe it is: imagine a generic smartphone vibration whose focus is inside your keyboard. Thats the best way I can put it.
It has to be a moving part to cause a vibration. The computer is a mix of electronics, and moving parts, ie fans. You even say it comes from where the fan is located. Fans move, electronic boards don't.

Feb 23, 2022
That's true, although are there fans equipped to vibrate similar to that of a smartphone?

I don't really know how else to put it, at this point I'll probably just have the whole fan replaced and hope the problem goes away as its been happening for over a year.