Question Laptop Wired Connection Max Out @150~200mbps

Aug 6, 2022
Hello dear friends.

I own a Lenovo Thinkpad 3-15itl and I am using an ethernet usb adapter- UNITEK uHUB Q4+ (H1906A) that is capable of delivering gigabit ethernet speed. However, everytime connecting the laptop
through cable, even directly to the main router, I get aprox. 180-190mbps on speed tests.

Please note these few things that I have already tried:
*Accessing device manager and redefining the speed & duplex
*Change the wall ethernet point including to the main router directly.
*From the same wall point a different computer is receiving 900mbps.

Would really appreciate your help with this problem, Im assuming its something with the computer settings

Lenovo has gone downhill so much since IBM sold them. They save costs by cutting stupid stuff. Why would they make a gaming laptop without a ethernet port.

In theory you should be able to get gigabit speeds using a USB hub. I know nothing about that particular usb hub device. It uses USB3 which it the key feature, everything else is done by the computer drivers so make sure you have those correct. It is acting like you have it plugged into something other than a USB3 port. I hate lenovo they don't even tell how many USB ports you have and what types.

They have way to many models with similar names to be sure of anything on their site.

Does your laptop have usb 3 ports. This has to be something with the USB adapter or the driver for the adapter. Even if it is usb3 can you tell if it is running as USB3. If for example you were to plug this into a USB2 slot the maximum possible speed you can get is 400mbps and that is ignoring a lot of the overhead.

Aug 6, 2022
They have way to many models with similar names to be sure of anything on their site.

Does your laptop have usb 3 ports. This has to be something with the USB adapter or the driver for the adapter. Even if it is usb3 can you tell if it is running as USB3. If for example you were to plug this into a USB2 slot the maximum possible speed you can get is 400mbps and that is ignoring a lot of the overhead.

My laptop has 2 usb ports. I dont know which is which type, but one can identify an ethernet cable with max 200mbps and the other one cant even identify the connection.

TRENDING THREADS