Master_12

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
Hi, I have a lenovo t410s and I was doing a project of taking it apart from its chassis and making it into a silent media PC when I accidentally shorted out the laptop fan port's pins for a split second (I think that is what happened but I don't know 100% since I was looking away).

Now, whenever the laptop turns on, it displays "fan error" and the cooling fan does not work. It also immediately shuts down following the error.

I have tried modding and putting a different fan but no luck. With multi-meter, turns out there is no power at all in the fan connector when the laptop turns on. Its a 3 pin connector and none of the pins receive any voltage.

I would be fine with using external fans but the laptop doesn't let me get past boot due to the "fan error." I can't enter bios either since that comes after the fan error screen.

Any advice? Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Seems like you knocked out the point where the power is delivered to the fan via the motherboard. You will now need o inspect the board around the CPU fan connector inch by inch to verify which power delivery module you knocked out. Hopefully you can replace it with some (desoldering and)soldering.

TRENDING THREADS