Question Laptop won’t connect to Wi-Fi after traveling ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2023
Need help ASAP.

I have an HP Victus 16-d1xxx laptop running Windows 11 .

After traveling to europe my laptop won’t connect to the Wi-Fi, but it does connect to my hotspot. I tried dnsflush, uninstalled drivers and recent updates and other fixes but it still won’t connect even to Wi-fis.

Mar 8, 2023
Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I downloaded the Wireless LAN drivers because I couldn’t see any drivers for the Wi-fi, but I still can’t connect to the Wi-Fi only to the hotspot.

Does moving from the Middle East(Laptop bought in ME) to Georgia(Europe) have caused this??
The wireless LAN drivers are the wi-fi adapter drivers. One and the same.

There can be wireless channel differences between countries, but there are common addresses across those local differences.

Can you system "see" networks and are just not able to connect to them?

Mar 8, 2023

There can be wireless channel differences between countries, but there are common addresses across those local differences.

I can see the networks and it does try to connect to them but it can’t connect

Mar 8, 2023

I forgot to mention that I DID download the driver but the standard procedure of “Update driver” in device manager isn’t working for me. So how do O install the driver now??

Mar 8, 2023
Open the downloaded file. It likely has its own installer.
So there has been an update, I managed to connect to the Wi-Fi by USB tethering. But it still won’t connect over Wi-Fi.

As far as installing drivers goes I don’t think I’ve done it right since I can’t see the new driver in device manager.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Were you using a VPN before any of these issues started happening?

Also, it sounds like your drivers are fine, but that some setting is off. Did you manually set your DNS addresses, or have then automatically assigned when connecting to a network?

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
Need help ASAP.

I have an HP Victus 16-d1xxx laptop running Windows 11 .

After traveling to europe my laptop won’t connect to the Wi-Fi, but it does connect to my hotspot. I tried dnsflush, uninstalled drivers and recent updates and other fixes but it still won’t connect even to Wi-fis.

Go to the Intel site and download their driver investigator.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html
Let it decide the correct one for your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.