laptop wont accept ram.

pherousa

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
Hey, I recently bought new RAM for my "Acer Aspire 5745DG 3D Notebook"

Motherboard: ZR7D (CPU)

When I installed the ram, A black screen came up with 2 options either to start windows normally or to repair my hardware. It also said "You have put hardware in"

When I choose any of these 2 options the same message just came back

Then I ran this program on my Laptop http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en

and the site told me my computer can use ram up to 1600 MHZ and that is the type of ram i bought.

The ram I bought is Corsair DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ

Error message 1: https://gyazo.com/c3572004593a3f2a29fd384db0f9e717
Error message 2: https://gyazo.com/816c2537de4f04ce5ee581dda20b1956

This is what windows is saying when i install the RAM
and the 2nd picture is how much ram there is install in my PC it should be 1333 but its 523 Mhz.

Anyone that can help me out please.

Solution
Not necessarily the wrong ram. Does your notebook manual say which ram is supported? I am saying that the BIOS still thinks the old 1066 ram is installed, so you will have to reset the CMOS with the new ram installed.

pherousa

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014

How can i be sure its 1066. is there any program that i can run?

if you want to see what your ram is running at you go into BIOS for that

pherousa

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014

On the ram it says its 1333 but its running at 523 MHZ.

did you replace all the ram in your laptop or just added another stick?

pherousa

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014

Yes i replaced both sticks. Putted in the new ones. and then that error happens, and i cant open bios.

pherousa

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014

Yes it is. Does this mean i bought the wrong ram ?

pherousa

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014

How can i reset the CMOS? is there some tutorial. Because i have no idea how to do this.

Do you have the notebook manual? It should say how to reset the CMOS. I am not 100% sure how to do it on a notebook/laptop. On a desktop there is usually a CMOS reset jumper on the motherboard.

Unplug the charger, remove the battery and hold down the power button for 30-60 seconds. That may do it.

Meanwhile I am trying to figure out which ram is supported, all I can find so far is it accepts up to 8GB (2x4GB).

Go to www.acer.com then click on the support tab. On the left side of the page you will see a chat option. Have the serial number of your notebook handy and enter it in the box. That should start the chat.

Hello, Pherousa.

Sorry for butting in late, but I feel this could be going in the wrong direction. Regardless of what configuration the new memory is running at, it looks like it is working, otherwise it wouldn't even start or you would be getting blue screens and sudden reboots.

The message you are seeing is from the OS (windows), because it noticed a hardware change. When you choose "start windows normally", you stated that the same message comes back. It should happen only once, so there seems to be a startup issue with windows. Does the message come back instantly or does windows start to load and the computer restarts at some point, leading back to the same screen you posted?

Just to clear up any confusion, when you say you ran the program in your notebook, is this the same notebook with the error? Is it actually working then? Or did you swap back the old memory to use it?