Question Laptop's windows button and q button does not work without pressing W or Spacebar?

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
Hello guys. I'm facing a weird problem recently that I've never seen or heard of before. I have a Lenovo Legion 5(2020 edition) 15ARH05H laptop that runs on a R7 4800H, 1660Ti, 16gb ram and 500gb m.2 nvme SSD. I play fps games like csgo and valorant and regularly & use the built-in keyboard while doing so. recently the 'q' and 'windows' button sometimes does not work without pressing the 'w' or 'spacebar' or the 'Fn' button. I never remember slamming on them or pressing them hard. I've tried the battery disconnect method which includes pressing the power button for 60 seconds after disconnecting the battery. Still the same. I'm almost pretty sure it's not a software that's causing this. Also I don't have any pirated app in my PC. I assume this is a hardware issue. Maybe the keyboard switches developed rust. (I have an earphone that includes transparent cable and I saw some green rust recently on the copper cables) . will appreaciate any suggestions!

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. To note, does the issue crop up with an external keyboard? If so, then the issue can very well be with your laptop or the software/OS. The last thing you could do before you opt for a keyboard replacement, is to remove the keycap for the afflicted keys and inspect them for any dirt/debris. I once had removed all the keycaps and found a couple of keys were depressed due to lint. Removed the lint, then replaced all the keycaps, saved the person I fixed the laptop for, from buying a new keyboard for the laptop.

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
I bought an external keyboard and yes it's only the laptop keyboard with faulty keys so it's a hardware issue. unfortunately, I can't get a keyboard replacement bcz of the availability limitation in my country.