Laptops With i7 7567u Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
no, it is two cores, a bit faster but is a low power, low performance i7, that will feel like a i5

for daily use, get a i3, if that is your logic, i3 is meant for daily use

if you ask for a i7, it is because you want to do some serious work, and if you need to do some serious work, you will need a strong i7, so a 4 cores has a sense there, the 8 threads help alot

the u series exist just because people like to have 8 or more hours of battery life from a cpu that has very little to no heat to dissipate thanks to the fact of the speed the cpu all the time runs, 800 mhz more or less unless you put load on it and then it can ramp up to the high value you mention, for like 5 minutes, then it overheats a, makes lots of noise with the fan...

caseisih99OL

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

So you are saying I would be better off with a slower rated HQ for things that don't require 4 cores in daily use? This one is 28 W.

caseisih99OL

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

This one is 3.5 ghz and turbo to 4.0 ghz with the 28 watts. It is faster than the i7 7700hq and the i7 7820hq but without 4 cores. Normal daily use, 4 cores NOT required, the 7567u beats both doesn't it?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
no, it is two cores, a bit faster but is a low power, low performance i7, that will feel like a i5

for daily use, get a i3, if that is your logic, i3 is meant for daily use

if you ask for a i7, it is because you want to do some serious work, and if you need to do some serious work, you will need a strong i7, so a 4 cores has a sense there, the 8 threads help alot

the u series exist just because people like to have 8 or more hours of battery life from a cpu that has very little to no heat to dissipate thanks to the fact of the speed the cpu all the time runs, 800 mhz more or less unless you put load on it and then it can ramp up to the high value you mention, for like 5 minutes, then it overheats a, makes lots of noise with the fan and speeds down for the temperature and power consumption limitations imposed

it is a fun product to use, just to see struggle to live between those limits

as you see, i don't like the product, and knowing it will be expensive and slow as the previous i7 6500 from recent years, i can't tell you to buy it whenever you find one

Solution

caseisih99OL

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

That's interesting. Why would I want a slower dual core i3? Would there be no benefit from a faster i7 one? I don't see any reason to have a 6500u either since it is rated much slower than the 7567u.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
it was a example, not a go buy that cpu, you came here expecting me to tell you what to buy, i can say what i would buy and what i wouldn't, not what you have to buy

but if i reply i must show the facts, how the thing will behave and how much you could feel disappointed with the product after paying for it and not getting what you expected from it, on some countries, you can't return the damm laptop and get your money back if you didn't liked it, only if it dies and is not fixed quickly so be sure what to buy is a really good idea

caseisih99OL

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

I keep leaning to the i5 6300hq. Looks like a good middle of the road processor. But have been wondering about this 7567u. So daily use where 4 cores are not needed, and in my work where 4 cores are not needed, there would still be a benefit having the 4 cores. Ok, thanks.

nvincent_08

Reputable
well i guess laptop with 7th gen intel processor is still few right now, most released is the quad core(hq) usually, actually for only regular use i recommend you to use i5, or even i3 if you do basic, i7 is not really necessary for usual use. benefits of using i5 rather than i7 is actually you could save some money, but still get most feature that i7 have such as turboboost, and the other benefits of i5 rather than i3 is the turboboost, and usually i5 have higher clock and more series. you could get a laptop with and i5 processor and pair it with ssd if you want fast operating, or only use hdd if you have limited budget, or put both ssd and hdd for both high capacity and fast operating and maybe 8gb ram if you do a lot of multitasking, but if you dont then just get 4gb or something to save some money

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
if not for work, you can get a lower cpu than a i7, it is ok, it is a understandable decision, but for work, i7 4 cores is a must have

the i5 you mention has only 4 cores, no extra threads, something to have in mind

the i7 you mention, while it can reach 4 ghz, it has a catch, it can be configured to reach a lower tdp, that is done by downclocking and limiting its performance, so the 3.5 ghz base, could well become to 3 and turbo to 3.4ghz while working hot and doing lots of noise with the fan

the product sounds tempting, but the hq is more tempting, and is also viable to play games, the it u, well, i remember how it works, it is not fast newer models are not that different to the previous generations

caseisih99OL

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

Yeah, ok! I wouldn't go without the SSD and 8 to 16 Ram. Most of the basic laptops, small and large, are similar in price except gaming of course. Just depends on what you want. I would really like to check out a laptop with the 7567u in it.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
if you find one, it is not guaranteed to have a ssd, which wil help cover the lack of power of the dual core cpu and you will see how it performs in reality

perhaps you discover it is more than enough for you and all i have written is pure garbage and you get a great experience for a couple of years

i wish you luck finding the best laptop to suit your needs and your budget, that is important too

Sukhoikip

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
well, if all you're doing will be intensive single-threaded workloads, I'd say go with the 7567U. I'd say the 7600U with a raised TDP is a good idea too but it hasn't been put in a machine with sufficient cooling for it . Idk what those morons above were on about, the U-series chips are very capable. The i5s can sustain their turbos even at with a 15W TDP. The 7567U can quite comfortably sustain its clock with that vast (for a top binned dual core) 28W TDP. What you should avoid are core M chips, which are what they're talking about above.

If you want to have single-thread performance at all costs, the i7-7920HQ, -7820HK and Xeon E3-1535M v6 have or can have higher single core clocks. But there are of course quad cores and have nearly double the TDP, and are all universally paired with very strong dGPUs that have almost the same TDP (at least).

If all you're looking for is a nice balance of price, TDP and performance, look no further than the i5-7200U. It stays in its modest 15W TDP and by every comment and review I've read, the 400MHz turbo and 300MHz base clock gaps as well as the 1MB L3 cache difference with the i7-7500U mean nothing subjectively. I assume you're not looking for Iris graphics since you mention that clock speed is what made you interested in the 7567U.

For single threaded workloads, the i7 7567U (3.5GHz, 4.0GHz turbo) is one of the fastest mobile chip, only losing to the i7 6920HQ. Single thread equivalent is the i7 4790K/Ryzen 7 1800X.

It has only 2 Cores, 4 Threads however, and in multithreading, the i7 7567U is like a desktop i3 7300, while the similiarly priced i7 7700HQ performs like an i7 3770 with 4C 8T.

i7 7567U -> 25% faster per core vs 7700HQ. 28W
i7 7700HQ -> 65% more multithreaded performance vs i7 7567U. 45W

Status
Not open for further replies.