Question Large Games Fail to install Checksum errors

Mar 27, 2019
Need some help,
having some issues now with certain games not installing which previously wasn't a problem,

I highly doubt its the CPU (I5 8400) , Ive run a memory check which came back ok (16Gb 2x8GB corsair vengeance LPX 2666mhz) the motherboard (MSI B360M-PRO-VH)

Problem is games seem to start to install then at random times during installation then i get a error saying An error occurred whilst trying to copy a file the source file is corrupted checksum error,
I can install the same files on other computer with no problem installs fine with no error , Also when trying to download Destiny 2 at random times during the download it will just come up as failed and to try again, i get this multiple times within the 100Gb download,
Issue seems to be only on certain games as ive downloaded and run Anthem and battlefield 5 without any problems at all,

I thought it was a motherboard issue but i have replayed it with a new one

Does anybody have any experience with this or able to help?
Cheers

Mar 27, 2019
Its strange i've downloaded Anthem and Resident Evil 2 fine and they play fine but then i get games like GTA V (Downloads fine fails to install but if i copy files on to anther PC the game installs file) Destiny 2 ( downloads so much then says failed to download, if i download on another PC then copy the files over the game works but i get crashes a lot)

just ran Crystal Disk Info heath status says good on both drives

D

Deleted member 14196

where are you downloading the games from? steam? 10GB rar files spell illegal software torrents or something funny

Mar 27, 2019
ill run chkdsk/f now and see what comes back and no! nothing is illegal i use Steam and Battle.net to download all my games all paid for the 10GB rar file is backed up files i rar them to keep them all together and it keeps my back up drive clean its all sorted my dates

TRENDING THREADS