Large Hadron Collider Scientist is Aspiring Terrorist

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Just remember they never conquered the other continents, it was we who invaded their deserts and have been doing so ever since.

Dude before making such claims check your history books first.
Ever heard of Reconquista?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista
Surely arabs or Islam are not source of all evil but they had their fun in Middle Ages just like Europeans so they are no victim in this story :)

And as to the question of shortage of food and water that again mostly has to do with these countries' leaders who are just as corrupt as everyone else.
The difference is western countries can afford it.
And Bob Marley has nothing to do with any pages of history , he was just a singer last time I checked.
Oh and one last thing , I hope you don't blame western countries for women being stoned to death or beheaded for adultery in muslim countries.

G

I have to laugh at the source story ...

"And today details of the ‘brilliant and solitary’ physician’s sinister plans were made public by security sources who have been collecting evidence against him for the past year-and-a-half during a surveillance operation."

I'm sure the LHC needs it's vitals checked regularly, and the physicists on the team will need regular doctor vists as well.

I wonder if the original authors know the difference between a physicist and a physician?

Tom's, there are plenty of credible sources to reference for this same story.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]How does a nuclear scientist go so wrong? Not like he was a elementary school teacher... your average guy doesn't graduate with a degree in nuclear science. I wonder if he got that degree because he was a terrorist or if he got that degree and then became a terrorist. Hm.[/citation]
yah.. crazy.

There is a lot of hate against the USA over-seas... They are raised hateing the West. Apparently this doesnt exclude educated individules.

Consider... Those involved in 911 went and learned how to fly aircraft, I suspect they were not dropouts.

Don't underestimate the enemy, they are not idiots...

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Anybody who kills in the name of GOD/ALLAH is an idiot. Sorry, but its true. I think if GOD/ALLAH wanted somebody dead they would have no problems doing it themselves *if one or the other even exist*.

Also the whole flying a plane.. Not that difficult. Flying is the easy part it's the take off/landing that will kill you. Researches even said it wouldn't take that much training to do what they did. It would take some but not a great deal.

But you're right educated people can still be idiots. This guy would fall underneath the educated idiot program. Seems like a lot of people are taking that program these days.

lordfakie

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]Wonderful. I guess now I can expect to be searched for black holes when I go through security at the airport.[/citation]

LOL!!! the sad thing its they will find one and will introduce Matter in it to see if it devours it.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Hey, he's a world class nuclear scientist, it's understandable any group with nuclear arms would be interested in him.

The guys a scientist, he does science, leave him alone.

Small little note: Allah, Yahvé, Jeovah, Dieu, Gott are different names for the God of the Christians (Yahvé is God for the Jews, who don't think Jesus is the Messiah: still the same God; Gott is German for God; Jeovah is another way to write Yahvé - it is said that God's name can't be pronounced nor can it be written, only approximated - Allah is Arabic way to say God, to which Jesus is the Messiah and Mahomet is the Prophet).

This is over simplified, I left aside several nuances, and an extremist or two in any religion (be he jewish, christian, protestant, muslim or stamp collector) will probably have my head for that; but it all comes down to the same thing, people kill each other over how to spell a word.

Back to my atheist ways and fanatic Linux rants - at least I won't kill anybody for denigrating a penguin.

scooterlibby

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
I have no idea about this guy's guilt or innocence, but it is common journalistic practice in the States to say "alleged" in the headline. You didn't qualify that whatsoever in yours and went straight to guilt.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]How does a nuclear scientist go so wrong? Not like he was a elementary school teacher... your average guy doesn't graduate with a degree in nuclear science. I wonder if he got that degree because he was a terrorist or if he got that degree and then became a terrorist. Hm.[/citation]

After reading your careful deliberation it is quite obvious that all nuclear scientists are terrorists.

Kidding, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.