Question Last friday my psu was shorted due to overvoltage will it kill my pc

Oct 1, 2024
Last friday my psu was shorted due to overvoltage it killed my hot plate my xbox one and a apple charger although I have got them replace I couldn't replace my psu although I asked my wife to get the motherboard and GPU checked she got em checked but could not check the GPU and now I'm out of town due to a work trip
my PC specs are as follows
and ryzen 5 3500
xpg 3200 ddr4 8x2 16 gb ram
rtx 2060 super galax
gigabyte b450 mobo
psu corsair cx650m

I cant stop thinking about it and I'm gonna mess up the deal please some one help a brother out

Ralston18

Titan
Hold on checking the GPU.

Have your wife unplug the PC and affected peripherals and just leave it all alone until you return from your trip.

Nothing else will happen to the PC in the meantime.

Then there will be no need to worry and "mess up the deal".

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Oct 1, 2024
Hold on checking the GPU.

Have your wife unplug the PC and affected peripherals and just leave it all alone until you return from your trip.

Nothing else will happen to the PC in the meantime.

Then there will be no need to worry and "mess up the deal".

Just my thoughts on the matter.
first of all thanks for the reply secondly I checked that the ram rgb was working now I immediately tried it out with a different board a and a10 board I know its a old board but I use it as a linux machine I just need to know is my GPU ok or not

Ralston18

Titan
The requirement being that you need some Linux based means that your wife can run to test the GPU in the Linux environment. With you being away on a work trip.

Is that correct?

If so, I will need to defer to the Linux community regarding how to check the GPU.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, not the easiest thing in the world. Nvidia driver support in Linux is spotty at best. Most distros don't include a 'game ready' driver. By which I mean one with working 3D capabilities, it will come with a basic driver that will allow you to boot into Linux.

Pop OS seems to offer an installer with Nvidia's driver in the package, so that would work better for a live boot if you don't want to mess up the install you have.

You could download Nvidia's Linux driver and give it a go directly.

Or use various command lines to get it depending on your distro.

https://ubuntu.com/server/docs/nvidia-drivers-installation

Last time I messed with it I had to do an install of ubuntu onto a USB drive, then install the Nvidia driver, and then I put Unigine Heaven on there as a basic benchmark just to see the 3D stuff working.

https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven