Latest Version Of SteamVR Supports Oculus SDK, Runtime 0.8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Dewis

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
I like this. I like to think that VR games won't be exclusive to just one VR headset. Its completely opposite to what PC is. It would be much better for the competition to be based on the hardware quality, such as resolution and headphone quality.

Simon Ayres

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
I like this. I like to think that VR games won't be exclusive to just one VR headset. Its completely opposite to what PC is. It would be much better for the competition to be based on the hardware quality, such as resolution and headphone quality.

You would use the included head phones?

David Dewis

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Not as they are now, hell no. I intend to use my wireless Bose headphones. But that's the point. Let the competition be based on the hardware innovations. Eventually, one would come out with a decent set of headphones, if it gave them an edge over the other.

Simon Ayres

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
I wasn't disputing that, but it is likely that the included headphones will always be a toss away, I mean we are talking a $400+ headset running on a system that will cost 1.5k to run reasonably, who has that type of money and doesn't invest in a decent headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.