Latitude C800 Laptop

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Just purchased a used Latitude C800 laptop (1GHZ PIII/M) with an UXGA
1600x1200 screen.

Seems great, however, as these beasts seem big and complex are their
any reliability problems with this model? I am only used to (and know
quite well) Compaq machines.

Its my first introduction to a Dell, it's big heavy and powerful -
seems a great desktop replacement?

Thanks
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I've supported a whole raft of them for awhile and they're rock solid.
Enjoy!

Tom
"rfc" <rfc2000@usa.net> wrote in message
news:sh05805d2s05b5f9kdlv1b0v7149dfc91s@4ax.com...
> Just purchased a used Latitude C800 laptop (1GHZ PIII/M) with an UXGA
> 1600x1200 screen.
>
> Seems great, however, as these beasts seem big and complex are their
> any reliability problems with this model? I am only used to (and know
> quite well) Compaq machines.
>
> Its my first introduction to a Dell, it's big heavy and powerful -
> seems a great desktop replacement?
>
> Thanks
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Tom

Thanks for the quick reply!

Any known problems with this machine/DELL laptops in particular I
should look for?

The display on this model is absolutely superb!

Joe

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:41:19 -0400, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
wrote:

>I've supported a whole raft of them for awhile and they're rock solid.
>Enjoy!
>
>Tom
>"rfc" <rfc2000@usa.net> wrote in message
>news:sh05805d2s05b5f9kdlv1b0v7149dfc91s@4ax.com...
>> Just purchased a used Latitude C800 laptop (1GHZ PIII/M) with an UXGA
>> 1600x1200 screen.
>>
>> Seems great, however, as these beasts seem big and complex are their
>> any reliability problems with this model? I am only used to (and know
>> quite well) Compaq machines.
>>
>> Its my first introduction to a Dell, it's big heavy and powerful -
>> seems a great desktop replacement?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

The backlights and inverters on some of them have been problematic, but
that's not an expensive thing to fix, should it fail.

If the system came with the original battery, that is probably near the end
of its lifespan, given the likely age of the machine.

Other than that, these are solid machines - much better in the reliability
department than some of the successor machines from Dell (particularly the
i1100/1150/5100/5150, which are developing a very bad reputation for
overheating, and the wide-screen 8500/8600 series, which has a reputation
for flimsy construction).



"rfc" <rfc2000@usa.net> wrote in message
news:lj1580lqn0o4oos0nrnlkfhts41od6rnbm@4ax.com...
> Tom
>
> Thanks for the quick reply!
>
> Any known problems with this machine/DELL laptops in particular I
> should look for?
>
> The display on this model is absolutely superb!
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS