[SOLVED] lazy gpu ?

Jun 15, 2020
Hello everyone!

I bought my new Kfa2 Rtx 2060 super hoping to upgrade my PC that originally had a Gtx 1060 in it... it arrived and nothing looked dodgy and it was as expected, until i actually went to use it. i installed all drivers correctly including DDUing them, and i couldn't seem to get the card to work as expected. i was confused since i was only hitting about 50 fps tops on AC: Oddysey and about 35 with lows of 25 on GTA V, Fortnite struggling to break 60... i was so confused so i opened task manager, and i was pleasantly surprised by it only going up to around 50%-90%, so its not using its potential. I noticed that the card works fine when it doesn't have to render much graphics, aka just a player in a field it will use high usages like 90% - 100% and achieve expected frames. but when it has to render like a city, it gets very low fps and very low usage. the only 2 things i can think of is it being the card it self or my memory, which i only have a single channel ram .
Specs --

Kfa2 Rtx 2060 super p.s whilst gaming the card inst overheating, not exceeding 80degrees at
Ryzen 7 2700
Crucial 16gb ddr4 single channel 3000 mhz
Corsair Vs 650 w
256 ssd
2tb hdd
A320 A pro max motherboard

Im really quite stumped on what to do next, if anyone has any ideas i would love to hear them!

Cheers, Badri