LCD 1703FP question

Ok, this is probably a dumb question but it never hurts to make sure.
Is there anyone out there using the Dell 1703FP LCD Monitor on a
non-Dell computer? Dell says that it will only support the monitor
when used with a Dell pc but I am assuming that the monitor can EASILY
be used with any modern pc with a modern video card, correct? Thanks
for all replies.

Acadia

Please reply in this forum, above email address is no longer valid.
Have a nice day AND a happy life. Acadia.

bc_acadia wrote:
> Ok, this is probably a dumb question but it never hurts to make sure.
> Is there anyone out there using the Dell 1703FP LCD Monitor on a
> non-Dell computer? Dell says that it will only support the monitor
> when used with a Dell pc but I am assuming that the monitor can EASILY
> be used with any modern pc with a modern video card, correct? Thanks
> for all replies.
>
> Acadia

Yes. On a custom-built P4 with Intel P875 motherboard and
nVidia 5200 video card. Using analog connection. Monitor
screen sizing is 1280 x 1024. OS is Windows 2000 and using
the Windows default *.inf file. No issues.