LCD for Divx

DJimmortal

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
I'm planning to buy a lcd and mainly for watching divx(quality rips >1.5gb per movie) movies,what size should i go for 26 or 32,cos when i checked the lcd in the store with digital sdtv i could clearly see artifacts and the picture was not impressive at all

Im not xpecting HD quality ,all i want is descent picture with divx in biggest possible size

Which plays the divx best..PC or a standalone player

Plz suggest ..i am really very confused

Traveller

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
...mainly for watching divx(quality rips >1.5gb per movie)...
get yourself one of those new 19" wide-format panels... and view it from a min. distance of say, 3m. Then you will be able to almost ignore the so-called sparkling phenomena which results from the compression errors in your "quality" rips... .

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
I'm planning to buy a lcd and mainly for watching divx(quality rips >1.5gb per movie) movies,what size should i go for 26 or 32,cos when i checked the lcd in the store with digital sdtv i could clearly see artifacts and the picture was not impressive at all

Im not xpecting HD quality ,all i want is descent picture with divx in biggest possible size

Which plays the divx best..PC or a standalone player

Plz suggest ..i am really very confused

I am also very confused. I have quite a few Divx files, and I must admit it's all about compression, not quality. I don't understand that you are looking for quality but using divx compressed files.

Anyway... My recommendation for watching any video is a wide screen , in whatever size that can fit your budget. Most modern LCDs have an acceptable response time, just make sure you're not buying an el cheapo model.