Question LCD Pixel problems, need help

Dec 3, 2021
Laptop: Legion 5, Ryzen 4800H, GTX 1660 Ti, Got 8 months ago
Warranty claims not possible in my country.

Hi, I recently noticed a problem with pixels in the lower right part of the screen and they cover about a quater of the lcd. The effect is not visible when the screen is white/black/gray but visible in other colors. I have removed and reinstalled graphic drivers but that does not seem to change anything and it seems to be a hardware issue. Does anyone know what it is?

Images here:

View: https://imgur.com/a/J1yRrUn

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the laptop was purchased from the country you're in, how are you not granted warranty on the laptop(and it's panel) if you've identified the issue and have shown it to exist in spite of driver reinstalls? Got a video showing us the entire screen and the icon in the afflicted area?

A side note, have you tried seeing if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates? Walk s through how you uninstalled and reinstalled your graphics drivers. SKU for your Legion 5?

Dec 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the laptop was purchased from the country you're in, how are you not granted warranty on the laptop(and it's panel) if you've identified the issue and have shown it to exist in spite of driver reinstalls? Got a video showing us the entire screen and the icon in the afflicted area?

A side note, have you tried seeing if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates? Walk s through how you uninstalled and reinstalled your graphics drivers. SKU for your Legion 5?
Thanks for the reply.

Sellers in my country usually import the sealed laptops and sell them, there is no official Lenovo service center so I will not be able to avail the active warranty.

For driver installation I downloaded the official nvidia/amd version from the Lenovo page for Legion 5, booted up in safe mode, removed drivers using DDU, reinstalled the fresh version and the rebooted. I should mention that throughout this procedure, the issue was persistent. I used Lenovo Vantage to update drivers after but no update for BIOS or anything else showed.

I have tried taking a video but the effect does not seem to be visible because of video compression. I have taken some pictures below, the effect is much stronger for the naked eye.

View: https://imgur.com/a/72D7kZT

I am not sure where I can find SKU, the Lenovo page shows my laptop serial number and machine type model. Is that the same thing?

Thanks for the help.