LCD's, easier on eyes?

JustysRule

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2004
I'm building a computer for college, and will probably spend a lot of time staring at it typing up reports and stuff, plus I need the extra room, so I'm thinking about an LCD. But the problem is I don't have a lot of money, and would rather save 100 bucks and get a CRT. Would you guys say the LCD monitors are easier on the eyes than a CRT?

Hasse

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Cheap CRT's are tougher on the eyes than cheap LCD's. Either is a pretty poor investment, but on a tight budget I'ld choose cheap LCD in favour of cheap CRT.

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://www.softwareandstuff.com/monitorslcd.html" target="_new"> Cheap LCD's </A>

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
The Jetways are new, the NEC's are refurb.

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
BTW, for new LCD's Dell can not be beat for price/quality LCD's.
Check Dell out.

RichPLS

Champion
You can get a 20" Dell LCD for under $800

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yep, check out the dellf (dell elf) site for some coupon codes, or look at some of the coupon sites. 25% off dell LCDs stacked with a $45 off coupon works wonders.

s signature has been formatted to fit your scr